Nourishing A.Rose Recipes
With this heat, the last thing I want to do is to create more heat by turning on my oven or stove. Luckily, this cold salad doesn't require any heat (unless you buy the shrimp raw) and once everything is chopped and diced, it's quite easy to assemble. This recipe also happens to packed with essential nutrients, such as protein, iron, fiber, potassium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins A, C, B-6, and unsaturated fatty acids (which are the good fats!). Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 pound of shrimp, cooked, deveined, and chopped
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced (I made this before my garden exploded with tomatoes, so I was fresh out and left it out)
- 1- 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ears of corn, removed from the cob (cooked if desired or try it raw!)
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 limes, juiced (If using the Lime Olive oil, only use 1 lime)
- 2 Tablespoons of Spice It Up's Garlic or Persian Lime Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Chaparral Garden's Pacific Vinegar
- Season with Salt & Pepper
- After everything is chopped and diced, add all ingredients to a mixing bowl
- Add salt & pepper to taste
- Cover the salad and refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours
- Remove from fridge, taste test and add more seasoning or limes if necessary. Then serve & enjoy!
- As a side dish, it serves 4-6. As a main dish, it serves about 2.