I love crockpot recipes! It usually requires little preparation, heat, and time spent in the kitchen. This recipe only needs a few ingredients and the result is a delicious, juicy chicken! It can be used in sandwiches, salads, or carved and served as an entree with your favorite side dishes
Crockpot Lemon & Garlic Chicken
- 1 whole chicken (approx. 4-6 pounds)
- 2-3 lemons (depending on your preference)
- 2 heads of garlic
- Garlic Olive Oil (I use Chaparral Gardens before Spice It Up started selling it's own brand!)
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Victoria Herbes de Provence
- Spray crockpot with Nonstick spray (for easier cleanup)
- Cut 2 lemons the tops/bottoms of the lemons and then cut them in half. Cut the garlic heads in half and lay both the garlic and lemons on the bottom of the crockpot
- Remove the insides from the chicken and pour the garlic olive oil (or regular or basil olive oil) over the chicken, covering all parts
- Rub the chicken with the herbs de provence, covering all of the chicken
- Place the chicken in the crockpot and set it for high for 4 hours or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. (You can also take the lemon bottoms and place them on top of the chicken for additional flavor)
- Turn off the crockpot and allow the chicken to rest for 15 minutes. The chicken will be very juicy, so be careful removing it from the crockpot.
- Carve and Serve!