Nourishing A.Rose Recipes
I cannot get enough of these one pot dishes! The simple preparation and clean up is definitely appealing. This recipe can be made as a side dish for 4 or as a meal (great for Meatless Monday!) for 2.
One Pot Farro with Cannellini Beans and Tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup semi-pearled farro
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1- 15 oz can of cannellini drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Salt, pepper, fresh basil, and crushed red pepper to taste
- Place the water, broth, and farro in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, cannellini, olive oil, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
Bring uncovered pot to a boil. Lower heat to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, until the farro is more tender. Stir occasionally.
Transfer to a serving bowl, drizzling with olive oil, mozzarella and fresh basil , if desired
- *This dish could also be made with chickpeas, feta, and oregano, instead of cannellini beans, mozzarella, and basil