Nourishing A.Rose Recipes
As summer comes to an end, I had a craving for a good, homemade burger. Homemade burgers are so easy and blow away any of the prepackaged store bought burgers. Don't get me wrong, I love a good turkey or vegetable burger, but sometimes you just need to have the real deal beef burger. Lean ground beef (90-95% lean meat) is relatively lower in saturated fat that it's other ground beef counterparts, a complete protein source (contains all essential amino acids that our body needs to function normally) and is a good source of potassium, iron, vitamin B12 & B6. Vitamin B12 is the only water soluble vitamin that can be stored in your body. It helps with the production of red blood cells and DNA, supports aerobic (requires oxygen) energy metabolism, and maintains normal functions for the brain and nervous system. Food sources of vitamin B12 include meat, poultry, salmon, tuna, eggs, milk, yogurt, clams, nutritional yeast, and certain fortified cereals. 3 oz of lean ground beef contains approximately 40% DV of Vitamin B12!
Victoria's Toasted Onion Herb Seasoning is a great secret ingredient in your burger recipe! It adds such great flavor and was a great hit this weekend with friends! You can also use it to make Onion Dip---just 1 tablespoon of seasoning with 8 oz of plain greek yogurt, so simple, yet very delicious! Both recipes would be a great edition to your Labor Day BBQs!
- 3 Tablespoons of Victoria's Toasted Onion Herb Seasoning
- 1 pound of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1/4-1/3 cup of breadcrumbs
- Desired Condiments and cheese
- 6 Hamburger buns
- Combine seasoning, ground meat, egg, jalapeno, green pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Form into patties (about 6) and grill until desired doneness
- Top with cheese and condiments, Enjoy!