Nourishing A.Rose Recipes
Balsamic Chicken Panini
- 2 slices of whole grain bread
- 2 slices of tomato, 2 grape tomatoes, sliced, or roasted red peppers
- Chicken (I used the chicken from the crockpot lemon chicken, but deli meat, rotisserie, canned, or other leftover chicken would work!)
- Balsamic Glaze
- A couple of slices of fresh or shredded mozzarella (could substitute with another cheese of your choosing!)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 400.
- Place bread on a baking sheet in the oven, for about 5-7 minutes. This gets the bread a little toasty (Alternately, the bread can be lightly toasted in a toaster)
- Place the chicken on one piece of bread and the tomatoes/roasted red peppers on the other slice. Top with cheese and place in the oven until the cheese melts, approximately 7-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the balsamic glaze and fresh basil, if desired.